Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Road Trip


I have a one-word excuse for not having written in a while: Netflix.  I know that many of you in Switzerland are eagerly awaiting the day when you can avail yourself of its offerings, but be forewarned: it’s a serious timesuck.  

Also, being on the road is tiring…I’ve driven over 1500 miles / 2400 kms in the last 2 weeks, and of course I have nobody to share the chore with.  While driving is really very easy in this part of the world, I do have to be vigilant – or at least, that’s what these road signs led me to believe: 
                      If I were to hit a moose going 75 mph, the car would be totaled for sure!
                      Seriously? As if the livestock doesn't have enough space on these huge ranches?


      Shouldn't the rider be looking out for cars?  
Oh man, I'd never forgive myself if I hit a mother and/or her calves.
 
I’ve also been on the lookout for sheriffs, state troopers, and highway patrol cars (btw, have not seen any of the above) so I find that I’m pretty knackered by the end of the day, and only have energy left for…Netflix. 

2 comments:

  1. Are you driving all this way ALONE??!! Staying in motels and things??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get someone to drive Miss Stacy; )

    ReplyDelete