Sunday, August 24, 2014

Eyegasms


There is some serious geological shit going down in this part of the world!  And I use the continuous present tense intentionally because, although what we see today is billions of years old, changes are still taking place.  I have heard and read lots of proper names and terms for these phenomena but have already forgotten most of them.  I believe the photos below speak for themselves and tell the spectacular tales of the incredible forces of compression, evaporation, and erosion by water and wind. 

There is an eyegasm around every curve and over each crest of the road…if I stopped to gawk at them all, I’d never get anywhere.  There are national parks showcasing them that beckon on every other corner, but I must resist.  So I drive and drive and drive through this awesomazing landscape, experiencing paroxysms of visual pleasure over and over and over until, at the end of the day, I am spent.  












1 comment: