Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Princess Anastacia has returned to civilization

We have confirmed yet again that wilderness camping does not suit us.  Our constitution does best in an environment containing freshwater showers and flush toilets.  HRH is not amused by sand in every nook, cranny, crevice, and orifice, as well as in the molars.  The princess prefers to have a roof overhead when it rains, a door on the lavatory, and ice in her cocktails. 


But seriously, our week down in the Grand Canyon was EPIC: whitewater rafting, paddling, hiking that included scrambling and exposure, and forming a tribe with some amazing folks in a setting of indescribable grandeur -- I rocked it all (and one fellow passenger even called me "Queen of the Colorado") and actually wish I were still on the river.  More details and many photos will follow but today I gotta hit the road and begin my drive through the gorgeous state of Utah. 

1 comment: