Sunday, September 21, 2014

America's Coffee Culture


I know many of you would claim this to be a contradiction in terms, that America has no such culture, but fortunately for me, there is indeed good, strong coffee to be found in this country – and I don’t mean the overpriced, gussied-up, frothy, calorie-laden Starbucks products that taste more like a milkshake.  (By the way, the chain is not to be found in any of the small towns I’ve visited over the past month.)  Granted, there is often only a pot of stale drip coffee available in which case I choose my caffeine in a different form – or go without.  But just when I’m really jonesin’ for a proper cup of joe, a little java joint appears seemingly out of nowhere to answer my jittery prayers. 



Hooray!
 
And what I love best about them is their tongue-in-cheek attitude toward their wares as witnessed in these signs and posters: 







 







 
And sometimes you don’t even have to get out of your car to get your fix; leave it to the Amis to come up with the concept of a coffee drive-thru: 






However, I am still missing my Nespresso machine….


No comments:

Post a Comment