Thursday, November 27, 2014

Giving thanks


The introspection I’ve been able to indulge in over the past 4+ months has reaffirmed that my life is full to the brim with a profusion of good fortune.  I give thanks now every single day, not just once a year.  The list of entries in my new gratitude journal is too long to itemize here, but know that you, gentle reader, are among them.  


What I am most grateful for is the unstinting support and understanding and love of my three phenomenal children.  They are so very generously and graciously allowing me this journey of healing and growth even though it is often difficult for them.  They have not expressed one iota of anger, resentment, or regret. Sadness, yes, of course; nobody expected our lengthy separation to be easy, and I would be devastated if it were.  Each tear they shed is like a needle in my eye and every expression of wistfulness is a tough punch to my heart.  But they are meeting the challenges with an aplomb and impressive maturity that leave me breathless with pride. 

Sophia, Luca, and Raphael are such strong, self-assured, empathetic young adults – and fun and funny, too! and I am truly blessed to have them in my life.  

 Happy Thanksgiving to all! 

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. Happy Thanksgiving, Stacy.

    Cheers,
    (Michael Kurz)

    ReplyDelete