Friday, July 18, 2014

Talk about a heavy heart!



Constricted, ruptured, cleft also come to mind. I’ve just left behind my three children – the loves of my life – and most of my nearest and dearest friends, and the city I’ve made my home for 28 years.  My stomach was also in upheaval at takeoff yesterday with the thought that I would not be back in Zurich for many months to come.  

 
I have a confession to make: My year of exotic adventure has begun with a week in my podunk hometown in rural Kentucky.  Am in serious need of some maternal TLC in a place where I can collapse in a safe, non-challenging environment; recover a bit from the stress of the past months; wean myself off the sleeping pills that got me through the difficult last weeks.  So for now it’s about comfort food (like Mom’s peach-blueberry pie), slumbering in my girlhood room, and marshaling my strength for the next leg.

More exciting and lighthearted reports to come….

1 comment: